7.14.2008

Georgia On My Mind

This is my heritage and my home! My family's been here for many generations and have been in America since it's beginning and helped settle the Southern Georgia area! It's nice to go and see all the family that I have grown up with and love dearly and to have what is most important brought back to the forefront of my mind. It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday mundane things of the world and into ourselves, which happens too much, that we forget why we love and what we are really here for. Family, plain and simple!These are a few of my many cousins...all the small ones are 2nd and 3rd cousins!--Don't know what in the heck my face was doing! I looked a little TOO happy!

It was a bitter sweet reunion. Sweet for everything I have already said, but bitter because one of my dear Uncle's has been fighting cancer for several years now and we don't know how much longer he has. He had been cancer free for a little while and then it came back wrapping itself around his spinal chord and there isn't anything they can really do about it.It has grown and he is now paralyzed from the waist down and my Dad is his care taker 24/7 because they are roommates. They do have a nurse that comes too, but she can't lift him so my dad sticks around to help. My dad is amazing! He knows everything that Uncle Otis needs and does it all so lovingly and NEVER once complains about it! All my uncles are amazing, they help where they can and they all banned together to design and build a front porch for my uncle to take his wheel chair out in and enjoy the fresh air! Now they are putting a deer feeder out where he can see the deer from his porch. They are bringing to him what he has always enjoyed and it makes me proud to say that this is my family! This is what it is really all about! I only wish that I could be there to spend more time with my family, once a year is not often enough!Time with Granddaddy!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...