11.13.2008

The Sleepy Ladybugs

When it was time to get the kids in bed the other night, I noticed a little doll house crib on their table with some ladybugs in it. They had obviously past their prime (dead as a doornail) and when I informed the girls they replied in a very hurt voice"No they aren't, they're just SLEEPING!!!" So how do you argue that when they both are convinced I am wrong ( I am sure this will not be the first time nor the last time they think that)!? I mean they really DO look like they just might be sleeping, but when they are laid on their backs and not moving when you blow at 'em...I think they are goners!Alyssa stretched her little pointer finger out towards the crib, with a trembling lip and concerned tone said, "You see the one with the black wings hanging out," I nodded, "He's the weakest one...they really need some food mama."

So, I left it at that and told them I would take them downstairs so they wouldn't disturb them while they were trying to sleep!

The next morning I sat down and explained to them that they were in Heaven and that we needed to dispose of them. After a few protests and glances into the crib, they realized that I really was right! Ha ha! Too bad Tys was at school for all of this! ;)

6 comments:

Lacey Freeman said...

That is too sweet. Poor little girls!

hope said...

Poor girls. Mine got to see us vacuuming up 100s of them from the windows. Apparently they found a gap and wanted to get warm!! We sealed the gap... no more ladybugs.

danakat said...

Well that's just too sad and funny at the sane time. :( :)

Well Behaved Krissy said...

oh this is UBER sweet Sharon!

Sara said...

How sweet. Kids have such a soft spot when it comes to animals. We had a baby fly in our kitchen the other day and Riley wouldn't let me kill it!

Wendyrful said...

Liam's oldest two sisters bought him a couple of gold fish the other day... one died by the very next morning... :-( it got flushed away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...