9.08.2007

Yummey New Recipe




I made a new southern living recipe that my entire family loved! And believe me when I say I have some picky eaters! One of mine refuses to eat some of the food we make and pulls a Ghandi on us, but we stick to our guns and try to get them to try at least one bite of everything on the table before turning their noses up:) Try it out and let me know what you thought.

Herbed Shrimp and Pasta
Prep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min.

8 oz. dried angel hair pasta 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
1 c. butter 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 lbs. peeled, med. sized shrimp 1/4 tsp. pepper
(2 lbs. unpeeled) 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill weed or 3/4 dried
4 cloves galric, minced Garnish: fresh dill weed sprigs
2 c. half and half

Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain; set aside, and keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large heavy skillet over med-high heat; add shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 min. or until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp and set aside, reserving garlic and butter in skillet.
Add half and half to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring gently. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 min. or til thickened, stirring occassionally. Add shrimp, parsley,alt, pepper, and, if desired, chopped dill weed; stir until blended. Serve over pasta. Garnish if desired. Yield 6 servings.

Dilled Garlic Bread
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.

1/3 c. butter or margarine,softened 1 (16-oz) loaf unsliced french bread
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh dill weed 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
2 lg. cloves garlic, crushed

Combine first 3 ingredients. Slice loaf in half lengthwise. Spread butter mixture evenly on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 min. or until browned. Slice and serve.

2 comments:

danakat said...

I tagged you! Go to my blog to see...

Lisa said...

WOW!! I am impressed!! That looks yummy!! You should make it for lunch and invite me over!! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...