11.19.2008

Let's Get to WORK!

I FINALLY started working out again! WOO-HOO! I don't necessarily always enjoy the sweating and feeling like I am going to die by the end of it all, but I sure do LOVE the end result AND how I feel the rest of the day. I feel stronger and more ready to face the world and I love that my kids watch and actually participate with me through a good portion of it! It's quite invigorating! After each kid I have worked out and changed my eating habits so that I could feel better and lose all the baby weight. Let me tell you it was HARD to get into the habit! Especially when that ice cream, the creamy numminess, is calling you just when your head hits the pillow or your feeling down! But I have conquered, had set backs and conquered again! So now I am trying to maintain a good weight with this pregnancy and wanted to get back into the habit now that my sick days are (hopefully) behind me! ;)
Note: Seriously NO ONE can be that happy when they are exercising..it isn't normal!!!

After I had Heath I bought the Tae-Bo Boot camp videos (LOVE them) and decided that I should watch them first to see what I was up against...I went, grabbed a bowl of ice cream and enjoyed watching them work! Of course I hadn't really put two and two together and it wasn't until my hubby stopped in the doorway busting up that I realized what I was doing! Oh it was such a habit. Got a movie...grab the ice cream! ha ha! Eventually I put the ice cream habit aside and worked hard!

Yesterday I decided to do my short Tae Bo video (30 min.) and let me tell you it totally kicked my rear! I had to pause for a break after the first 10 minutes! How pathetic is that!?! Then I couldn't even do all the moves without breathing like a heavy smoker (of course my breathing isn't up to par these days anyways). I hope it just gets better from here, but in the meantime I am going to still take an ice cream break here and there (and maybe even a cherry limeade field trip too), but try to limit it. Let's see if my Jedi forces are strong enough to handle this! ;)

6 comments:

Stefanie H said...

Haha, I agree with working out. HATE IT, until u see results :) You should come to the ward building on Tuesday nights, there is a Yoga class that me and jessica go to, we love it!! I think it'd be a perfect workout for a preggers lady too cause its not very strenuous but still tones ya!! :)

kellibattraw said...

Good for you Sharon- you inspire me! : )

snbjork said...

You go girl! I know exactly what you mean. I dread exercising every day, but love love LOVE how I feel when I'm done. And I love that my kids are watching me, seeing me do something good for my body.

The ice cream/Tae bo thing cracked me up! Fun mental picture. I've tried Tae bo and it is definitely kick butt! But, hey, that's exactly what we need, right?! =)

Birdie said...

I agree with Stefanie I do Yoga! I love Yoga. And it's calmer and stress relieving. I would check on some of the poses b/c some you aren't suppose to do while pregnant. I have 3 dvds I do. One is power yoga and one is beginning yoga and one is Bend Breathe and Conceive fertility yoga (which you don't need) but theres certain poses you can't do for fertility same with pregnancy. But it so good!!! I don't think I could do Tae Bo. WHOA. I can't even do Tai Chi which is what my husband does. It's too weird!

BAMAGurleyGirl said...

Hey - I have a ton of work out videos (They don't seem to work for me, maybe because I don't even put them in and push play - much less work out to them). If you want to borrow any of them, you are welcome to them. I have Pilates, Zumba, yoga - and a bunch others....

hope said...

Yep! My membership in on hold until after the holidays cause of the chaos that is me right now. But when I get going back it takes a lot out of me. It is an oddly good feeling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...