6.16.2010

Meet our New Friend

Let me introduce you to a new friend of our DVD player that my SIL introduced us to...


Photobucket

"Samuel the Lamanite" from Liken the Scriptures.

We absolutely LOVE these movies! They are cute, funny and uplifting. I am really impressed with them. You can go here to view some of the video content. Make sure to click on the "Ammon & King Lamoni" preview, FUNNY! There are Bible stories, Book of Mormon stories and soundtracks to go with them. They always start with some modern day problem someone is having to face and liken them to a scripture story that will most help them in their situation. The end results will definitely put a smile on your face and in your heart for days and weeks to come. 

The performances, singing and backgrounds are theatrical in style, but are good quality. The other day my kids were singing one of the songs they had heard on "Nephi and Laban". Even my 11 year old who dislikes singing was caught humming a tune here and there (shhh! Don't tell him I told you).  We laughed, felt more courage to do what is right and even got teary eyed in a few places. This is definitely the kind of new friend I enjoy having over. ;)

FYI: in some states you can get these at Wal-Mart (who happens to be one of the only stores that takes on religious material~so start thinking happy thoughts about them, they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be ;)). Around Christmas I have seen the "Esther and the King" DVD and it is a little cheaper there. Just make sure it says "Liken" on it because there is another version of that story on another DVD.

Now go "Liken the Scriptures" to your life!

7 comments:

kg said...

Is this what that guy was selling door to door recently? I didn't let him in to share...or maybe it was Living Scriptures? I'll have to check this out.

Shannon Carlson said...

Those look so cute! I loved the little snippits on the website.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I was trying to explain these to Richard the other day:
"Hon, it was so great, it was the Nephites only they were singing and dancing like in Robin Hood "Men in Tights", really, it was funny, I mean uplifting, oh stop rolling your eyes at me..."

kellibattraw said...

Those look like fun, I'll have to check them out. And by the way, that might be Walmart's only redeemable quality... : )

Anonymous said...

Kim~The Living Scriptures is what you are thinking of and these are completely different. No one pressure sells these. ;)

Kelli~Yes this might be Wal-Mart's only redeemable quality, but a good one to have. ;)

Tennor said...

Thanks for the great mention of Liken the Scriptures! I work for the small company that makes them, and I'd like to ask your permission to share your blog post about Liken with other Liken fans on facebook and in our Liken email newsletter. You can email me at tennor@gmail.com. Thanks again!

Shaunte' said...

We LOVE these videos...we have them all and I really like "Ammon" in "A Mighty Change of Heart"...he's got a great voice and is hot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...