The last several weeks have been quite the whirlwind. Just when you think you'll have a moment to breathe, something else happens. I went to the ER one night due to an ear infection. One minute (ok it really was hour) I was feeling that there was slight fluid build up. The kind you feel when you have a little bit of water in there after you swim. Then the next minute (2 hrs. after, to be precise) it is awful and PAINFUL as all get out. After spending a couple of hours in the ER with one of my best friends, we decided that by the time I get back there, it was a good 6-8 hr wait, the Urgent Care next to our house would be open and I still would most likely get in and out of there at the same time. There was even a guy in there that was in so much pain that he was almost hyperventilating to try and work through it. After 3 hrs. of being there he was STILL waiting himself and was there before I had arrived. That is tame compared what the medical care would be like IF the democrats get their health bill passed.
Anyways, I ended up having a severe middle ear infection. Even the doctor sucked in air as if showing me he felt bad, while looking in my ear. He even stressed the importance of NOT getting on a plane anytime soon.
After all was said and done and I spent tons of $$$ on prescriptions and then our van needed to go in for some repairs. We had to call a tow truck to come and fetch it. Then we went to visit my dad after Christmas. Shortly after returning home the van was having more problems and it ended up that we had to get the transmission rebuilt. So there goes the money I was saving for a new camera and possibly prolonging the new couches we need. BUT at least we have something to drive. So I really am grateful, though it might not seem so. :)
Aside from all those things, I really truly feel that we have been blessed more than we deserve. In 2009 we have:
* been given another child
* given strength to continue supporting our daddy and husband, Tyson through the last few semesters of his MBA program
* visited my dad and sister for a couple of weeks and letting Chad spend a few more weeks visiting with the family
* enjoyed a visit with my sister and Aunt here at our house
* sent Heath to his last year of pre-school
* put Bria in her first year of tap, jazz and ballet. She said she wouldn't like tap, but mommy knew better and now that is Bria's FAVORITE form of dancing!
* bought more jeans than you could shake a stick at for each kid because they either get loved a bit too much and holes begin to form as a side effect or because the kids are growing out of them faster than I can keep up! :)
* same as above for shoes. Guess this is their year to grow.
*in November I wrote a 50,000 word novel joining hundreds of other in the NANOWRIMO organization.
* I also sewed 3 vintage dresses for the girls.
Here are the kids through 2009! We are looking forward to 2010, not only because we hope to learn and grow and enjoy life more, but because Tyson will be graduating from Alabama with his Masters in May! YAY!!!
*Chad had fiddler crabs he was given as a science project and his lived for 8 weeks where most kids' lasted 1-4 weeks.
* It was his last pinewood derby and year in cub scouts.
*he played in another piano festival and received Superior in everything.
* he joined the school chess club and enjoyed it, but decided it wasn't his "thing"
*Alyssa learned to ride her bike on 2 wheels.
*only after 2 weeks of having learned how to ride it she tried to do a wheely and ended up kissing the pavement leaving a nasty scrape on her face, arms and legs.
*lost her first tooth and then 4 more!
*donated her hair to "Locks of Luv". She is growing her hair out to do it again!
*She won her class spelling be, took french lessons over the summer and is writing a story
*Bria can still pin Heathy down wrestling!
*She also donated her hair and is growing it out again.
*enjoyed taking french lessons over the summer
*is following in her mother and sisters' footsteps and writing a story on the computer
*Heath is full of energy and life! He keeps us on our toes and LOVES attention. Especially getting people to laugh.
*loves his little sister. At first he wasn't sure, but now he is VERY protective and attentive to her!
*had a best friend move from the neighborhood and was very sad about that, but plays more with his siblings.
*Laney is pulling up on everything now
*crawls from one side of the house to the other rather quickly.
* Has found her hands and claps A LOT!
* sings when we sing to her.
* loves to eat most anything and is now into cheerios.
* now says "momma"!