10.20.2010

Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Cookie Dough Centers

Photobucket

Every Sunday, at church, I teach the 16 year olds. They are some of my favorite people EVER! Well, I have been either sick or out of town lately and ended up  missing a few birthdays. It was pretty sad. Especially since they will soon be moving up to a new teacher in January. I know I will get more awesome kids too, but I am sure going to miss these particular ones that will always hold a special place in my heart. *tear* Ok let me pull myself together here...moving on. *tear*

I have been wanting to do something special for them for their birthdays, but unfortunately I have been out of town or sick for a little while and have missed a few of their birthdays. So, I decided to go ahead and make some awesome cupcakes for all and just say it is to celebrate EVERYONE'S birthday for the year. Genius (if I do say so myself)!

I searched my recipes and found these yummy-licious chocolate goodies, from scratch, and HAD to share them since so many of the awesome teens I teach LOVED them! I also found that this is a new trend in baking because I did a search online to see if there were more recipes like this out there and found it, in full and all from scratch,  here at Kevin and Amanda {dot} com! I didn't have the time for a recipe from scratch, so I decided to make it easier. Here is the recipe in all its easy splendor.

1 cake mix (I used devil's cake-I am just THAT kinda gal) ;-)
1 pkg. Nestle Toll House refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
Duncan Heinz creamy vanilla icing
Mini chocolate chips
cupcake liners

1. Roll dough into about 1 inch balls. Make about 24. Then freeze them (I did for a couple of hours, but all night would be fine too, just make sure they are completely frozen).

2. Then mix your cake mix by the directions on the box.

3. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.

4. Pour cake mix into each liner cup about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. Then place the dough ball in middle on top of cake mixture.

5. Cook at 350 for about 15-20 min and VOILA! Your cookie dough will sink to the bottom and be invisible! So easy! Then ice the top any way you would like. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and you can even place a small chocolate cookie for an even cuter look! Good luck in your baking endeavoers and ENJOY!

9 comments:

kg said...

Those look and sound amazing Sharon, I think I might have to try this!!! Your such a nice teacher :)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

YUM! Easy and yummy. So trying this. I think my kids would enjoy making them as well. Thanks for sharing!

hope said...

Those sound incredibly rich!! Wow!!

Natalie said...

These sound delicious and they look so pretty too! I bet they were a big hit!

Julie said...

I am positively drooling right now. Can you send some my way? :)

Sara said...

Yum! How did you get the icing on top to look so swirly and nice? I will for sure be making these!

Kris and Megan said...

These sound incredibly delicious!!!!! I will have to make them sometime! And hey, I FINALLY added your blog to my list so I will be a more frequent visitor!

Karen said...

I wish I could have been a taste tester. I will sure try these.

Jenni said...

That is so sweet of you to that for the kids. Those ARE so yummy - I'll let Amanda know you liked them - she made them and brought them in to us when I was working at Rubber Stamp Lady.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...