1.09.2011

Snippets-Playing Catch Up

Since homeschooling, my blogging world and project world has been a bit on the slow side. Now that things are starting to come together, schedule wise, I am hoping that I can be more consistent in at least the blogging world and eventually throw in the projects again.

For now I am going to try and catch up. :)


Photobucket


Since Alyssa has started homeschooling, we have really been enjoying our time together. Laney is also loving the fact that she has a friend to play with.


Photobucket


We enjoyed the beginning of awesome Fall weather. Cool enough to wear cardigans, but not so cold that your speech slurs from a numb mouth and nose. Wish I could say that is how it still is, but that was October/November and it is now January.

We have also enjoyed taking pictures and more pictures!




Photobucket

We celebrated Laney's first birthday...a bit on the later side, but we did celebrate as a family on her actual birthday. We just didn't do an official one with the extended family until recently. FINALLY! We had too many schedule conflicts, MBA graduation and sicknesses that got in the way. Here's to the sweet little Laney-bug!



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

The lady-bugs I painted and put together for decoration. Several of the cousins wanted to keep some because they thought they were so cute! After giving some away we still had a TON left. I guess I will eventually find a use for them later. :)

They are wooden balls that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, some flat on one side. I painted them, drew little swirls down their backs and put dots all over. Then painted smaller wood buttons for the faces, gluing them and the wire antennas to the body. Then voila! We had cute little lady-bugs that we places all over the table.



Photobucket




Photobucket


She wanted nothing to do with that cake until she had a fork and didn't want to sit down at all. I sure do love all her chub-a-love!


Photobucket

I used some of the decorations that I had used for Bria's garden party last Spring. Such as the hanging flowers and butterfly and cake stand. I also used the Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough centers recipe, which turned out to be a big hit with everyone.  I even threw in some of the frozen cookie dough into her cake.



Photobucket


 She sure is growing up way too fast for my tastes! :) But we LOVE our bug-bug!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Cute ladybugs, perfect for the Laney-bug. In a few short months you will be celebrating her 2nd birthday!

I hope you are on the mend! Please let me know if you need help with Laney while you're recuperating.

Karen said...

Hey Sharon! Welcome to the world of homeschool. I took so many pictures of my girls. It was fun. Love little Laney pary decor.

Julie said...

I love all the decorations for Laney's birthday and the food looks delicious! I can only imagine how busy you are! Glad you got a blog post in! :)

kellibattraw said...

Adorable cake and decorations for an ADORABLE little girl. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...