1.27.2011

Photo Story Friday: Snow Days

It has been a LONG time since I last participated in a Photo Story Friday. The last year or so has had its many ups and downs, but a friend of mine told me that she missed me doing them so here I am, recommitted. :) Consider it a New Year's resolution for 2011.

Snow in Alabama is something that is usually unheard of. Snow that actually sticks to the ground for more than a few hours is even more rare, but to have 8 inches that stick and that keeps the kids all out of school for an entire week is HUGE! My kids loved it.

Photobucket

Can you tell they aren't used to getting snow?

”PhotoStory
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

10 comments:

Cecily R said...

I keep hearing about all this snow in places that aren't used to getting it and here we are in Utah and not getting much at all!

Love the picture--a perfect capture for your post!

Dawn, said...

I laughed out loud at those toes in the snow! Ty will trek out through the back pasture of snow in a short sleeve shirt, pj bottoms, and flipflops. Then he'll look at me with such confusion when I scold him over it.

Unknown said...

Eek! Cold feet. :) We've had a snowy week here, too.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

We are in PA and usually get it an nothing this year. Hardly anything that is. I mean, we have a little on the ground, but hardly anything at all. End of the world? Maybe.... :-)

That shot is so funny, but oh those little feet much be freezing!

Natalie said...

What cute toes in the snow! Cute, cute picture.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

too funny! my neighbors were out playing barefoot...brrr!

Natalie said...

I can tell! Im from KY and this is the most snows we've had in years! I've enjoyed it and photographing it but I am SOOOO ready for springs..and sandal weather!! Im a new follower..your blog is soo so so cute!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I don't know how UT is getting missed, we sure have enough of the white stuff here in Eastern MT! Such a great shot of those little toes in the snow! :)

Elizabeth Lyng said...

That snow was crazy, wasn't it? My kids were out a whole week too (I'm in Georgia). But it was a little bit fun, at least at first!

Wendyrful said...

What I love about those toes in the snow... is that you can tell those are last summers sandals, and you can see the toes practically hanging over the edge of them 'into' the snow! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...